About Math Circle Monthly Contest
The Berkeley Math Circle (BMC) Monthly Contest is a prestigious mathematics competition, typically organized by the Berkeley Math Circle itself. The primary objective of this competition is to establish a platform for mathematical enthusiasts of various age groups and mathematical proficiency levels to participate in challenging mathematical endeavors.
Every month, BMC provides a series of mathematical problems that cover multiple mathematical domains, including algebra, geometry, probability, and statistics, among others. Participants are required to answer these questions within a designated time frame and submit their solutions. The fundamental aim of this competition is to motivate participants to think critically and overcome complex mathematical challenges while enhancing their mathematical skills.
The Berkeley Monthly Contest usually categorizes participants by age or mathematical proficiency to ensure they compete in the appropriate competitive environment. This competition enjoys significant popularity, especially among students and mathematics enthusiasts who have a fervent interest in mathematics, providing them with an opportunity to showcase their mathematical talents and compete with like-minded individuals.
The Taiwan Math Circle Association (TWMC) has been granted the authority to simultaneously offer the Berkeley Math Circle Monthly Contest, allowing students from both regions who share a passion for mathematics to engage in collaborative mathematical exploration and competition.
Rules of BMC Montly Contest
1. Each student is granted one month's time to answer these questions from the comfort of their own homes. This measure offers flexibility to ensure students have ample time for thoughtful consideration and response.
2. Each student is required to provide detailed written solutions. This includes clear and comprehensive mathematical derivations to aid assessors in understanding their problem-solving process.
3. Questions 1 to 4 are tailored for students up to the 8th grade, while questions 3 to 7 are designed for students from the 9th to the 12th grade. This grading structure ensures that the difficulty level of questions aligns with students' abilities.
4. Each question can earn a maximum of 7 points. This score reflects the assessment of correct answers while emphasizing clarity, completeness, and accurate logical reasoning.
5. Students have flexible time to download these questions but must complete and submit their answers within a one-month deadline. Answers should be sent to the designated email address: email@example.com. This ensures that students can complete their responses within the allotted timeframe.
6. Lower-grade level students, if interested in a challenge, can also attempt higher-level questions. This encourages students to surpass their grade level and expand their mathematical capabilities.
How to sign up for BMC Monthly Contest
Competition Organizer: Berkeley Math Circle
Taiwan Co-Organizer : Taiwan Math/Science Circle (TWMC)
Registration Deadline: Please Refer To the Official Announcements
Competition Date: Montly
1.) Membership System: Please register as a member through the designated registration website to avail of related benefits.
2.) Membership Fee: 1,200 NTD annually. This fee contributes to the operation and maintenance of the competition.
) On-site Registration : Taiwan Math/Science Circle (2F., No. 390, Beitun Rd., Beitun Dist., Taichung City)
) Register Via Phone : (04)2243-1519
) Register Via Line: LINE ID : 0422434986
) Register Via Google Form: Please Refer To the Official Announcements
Please message the TWMC Official Line Account https://lin.ee/TdjX4vo (ID: @610ugdty) after your registration in order to confirm that your registration was successful. Thank you.
Taiwan Math/Science Circle, TWMC
Address: 2F., No. 390, Beitun Rd., Beitun Dist., Taichung City
TWMC Official Website: www.twmc.org.tw